A summary of your porting requests is displayed.
Port ID: CallFire reference number used to track your porting request.
Status: Unless the status indicates Accepted, further action may be needed by you.
- Unfinished: You have not yet completed the port request in its entirety. THIS doesn’t save any numbers initially input into the form?
- Payment required: Payment of the first month’s lease fee is required to initiate processing of your original port request.
- Print and Fax Form to Callfire: Print the Letter of Authorization. Initial, sign, and date where indicated. Return to CallFire along with current bill or invoice to email@example.com or Fax, 310-943-0415.
- Accepted/Waiting for Activation: Your number has received FOC (Firm Order Commitment) date, and will be in service on the date and time specified.
- Review the porting date displayed. Be sure to configure your number prior to the porting date, from the Phone Numbers section of your account.
- Confirmed: Your number has been successfully ported to CallFire. Be sure to configure your number to receive calls <link to configure CTN> and / or texts <link to configure text>.
- Reference the porting date displayed. Be sure to configure your number prior to the porting date, from the Phone Numbers section of your account.
Date Requested: Date you originally opened the port request.
Date Form Received: Date you returned the completed Letter of Authorization to CallFire via email or fax.
Porting Date: Date the ported number will be active in your CallFire account.
Current Carrier: Phone provider from which the number is being ported to CallFire.
Print and Fax Form to CallFire: Print the Letter of Authorization using the Print Form button provided. Initial, sign, and date where indicated. Return to CallFire along with current bill or invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax, 310-943-0415.
How quickly will my number be hosted with Callfire?
Port requests typically take 5 to 15 business days depending on the current carrier.
Will I experience any service interruptions during the porting process?
Your number will remain in service with your current carrier until the porting date. CallFire will notify you of the date and time the number will be in service after it is ported. Be sure to configure forwarding for your number before this effective date in order to prevent service interruption.
What are reasons my port request may be rejected?
- Contact information on LOA does not match current carrier records (most common).
- Unpaid balance is due to the current carrier.
- Service term with the current carrier is less than 90 days.
- There is a pending name or address change.
- Porting of your phone number has been prohibited by a Court of Law, is sub-judice and relevant to a case being handled in court, or other contractual obligation restricting portability.
- CallFire may be unable to to provide service in the area requested.
CallFire will contact you regarding any rejection and present a remedy when possible.
Will I be able to make outbound calls from my number once it has ported to Callfire?
Phone Numbers serviced by CallFire are virtual numbers that support inbound calling only. Ported numbers must be configured to forward to a terminating number that can be answered when a call is received. However, you can use your Callfire number as a caller ID in a live Call Center campaign, recorded outbound Voice Broadcast, or enable for an SMS broadcast.