A Keyword is a unique string of characters that allows consumers to interact with your business via text.
Keywords are often used to allow potential new followers to safely and easily join your text message marketing list via a CallFire shortcode. Keywords also allow contacts from your marketing list to respond to promotions, questions, polls, or other opportunities you might offer.
How do I?
Buy Keywords: To purchase a new keyword, click the Buy Keywords button. You may want to purchase multiple keywords for use in different marketing efforts.
Set up Keywords: When using your new Keyword, you will want to configure your settings. Click the keyword from your list to create an Auto Reply and establish Settings for your Keyword.
Auto-Renewal: To help ensure you don’t miss an important text response, Keywords auto-renew each month using the credit card saved in your account payment settings. To release your number, cancel the renewal.
- Check the box to the left of the Keyword
- Click Actions
- Select Turn on Auto-renew / Turn Off Auto-renew.
After auto-renew has been turned off, the renewal date will appear in red, indicating that the Keyword will expire at the end of the current term.
Export the list of Keywords:
- Apply any filter needed by searching Keyword names or labels.
- Click Actions
- Click Export
- Select the location to save the exported .csv file.
Share Keyword results: Share message details of any keyword with someone who doesn't have access to your account.
- Check the box to the left of the phone number
- Click Actions.
- Click Share Records.
- Copy the link to share access to a dashboard containing text records for that Keyword.
- To access or delete a share link that you have previously created, click the Export/Share button and select Share Settings. Previously created share links will be listed.
- Check the box to the left of an existing share link and click the Disable button to deactivate that link.
Labels: Labels can help make it easier to identify and group your Phone Numbers for reporting. To add a label:
- Click the icon in the Labels column for the Keyword
- Type your label(s) into the text box. To add multiple labels to the same number, separate each with a comma.
- Click Apply.
Accept Texts: The Accept Texts column indicates whether the Keyword is currently accepting texts. The status may appear as pending until the first text has been received at the Keyword.
- To change this status, click the Keyword, then toggle the Accepting Texts / Texts Blocked button.
Texts: The values displayed in this column indicates the total count of associated activities for the Keyword.
Renewal Date: The renewal date indicates when your next monthly payment for the Keyword will be due. Keywords automatically rebill on a monthly basis. If you have canceled the renewal for your Keyword, the renewal date appears in red, indicating that the Keyword will not renew. An expired Keyword will not receive texts.
Activity Report: Displays a charted view of aggregated Keyword activity. Click on a Keyword to view activity for the individual keyword.
How do people find out about my keyword?
Promote your Keyword by advertising it signs, posters, billboards, social media, radio, email, and virtually any medium where you can post a simple message like "Text 'KEYWORD' to [shortcode] to receive a special offer."